Los Angeles News
Best Buy burglars flee in U-Haul to Venice
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police chased three burglary suspects to Venice, where they apparently vanished. An intensive search was under way on Tuesday morning.
Authorities responded to the Best Buy store in the 11300 block of West Pico Boulevard just before 3:30 a.m. after a business alarm had been set off.
The burglars fled with a U-Haul van full of electronic goods, leading police on a chase to Venice.
Once in Venice, the burglars fled on foot, sparking a search in the area of Milwood and Electric avenues, police said. Residents in the search zone were being advised to stay indoors.
Police have taken one suspect into custody, but two suspects remain outstanding.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD West L.A. Station at (310) 444-0701.
City News Service contributed to this report.
venice beach, west los angeles, pursuit, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis