Los Angeles News
Best Buy burglars flee in U-Haul to Venice
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police chased three burglary suspects to Venice, where they apparently vanished. An intensive search was under way on Tuesday morning.
Authorities responded to the Best Buy store in the 11300 block of West Pico Boulevard just before 3:30 a.m. after a business alarm had been set off.
The burglars fled with a U-Haul van full of electronic goods, leading police on a chase to Venice.
Once in Venice, the burglars fled on foot, sparking a search in the area of Milwood and Electric avenues, police said. Residents in the search zone were being advised to stay indoors.
Police have taken one suspect into custody, but two suspects remain outstanding.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD West L.A. Station at (310) 444-0701.
City News Service contributed to this report.
venice beach, west los angeles, pursuit, los angeles news
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea 31 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini
- Grand Central Market has comfort food galore
58 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
49 min ago