Los Angeles News
Best Buy burglars flee in U-Haul to Venice
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police chased three burglary suspects to Venice, where they apparently vanished. An intensive search was under way on Tuesday morning.
Authorities responded to the Best Buy store in the 11300 block of West Pico Boulevard just before 3:30 a.m. after a business alarm had been set off.
The burglars fled with a U-Haul van full of electronic goods, leading police on a chase to Venice.
Once in Venice, the burglars fled on foot, sparking a search in the area of Milwood and Electric avenues, police said. Residents in the search zone were being advised to stay indoors.
Police have taken one suspect into custody, but two suspects remain outstanding.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD West L.A. Station at (310) 444-0701.
City News Service contributed to this report.
venice beach, west los angeles, pursuit, los angeles news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area 22 min ago
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE 28 min ago
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Ex-IRS head apologizes for tea party scandal
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured 24 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Deceptive mortgage rates
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review
- CA Powerball: Will you win this weekend?
54 min ago