Los Angeles News
Infant hit by car during L.A. Art Walk [Updated]
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Pedestrians were hit by a car during Art Walk in downtown Los Angeles Thursday night.
The LAPD says a man was trying to park his car at 4th and Spring streets when he lost control and hit a mother pushing a stroller.
The infant in the stroller was pinned for a time, and when emergency crews arrived the child wasn't breathing. The child could not be revived and died.
The child's mother was also hit but was not seriously hurt.
Police say alcohol or drugs do not appear to be a factor in this tragic accident.
downtown, car crash, los angeles news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills 9 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA hospital 33 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son