Los Angeles News
Infant hit by car during L.A. Art Walk [Updated]
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Pedestrians were hit by a car during Art Walk in downtown Los Angeles Thursday night.
The LAPD says a man was trying to park his car at 4th and Spring streets when he lost control and hit a mother pushing a stroller.
The infant in the stroller was pinned for a time, and when emergency crews arrived the child wasn't breathing. The child could not be revived and died.
The child's mother was also hit but was not seriously hurt.
Police say alcohol or drugs do not appear to be a factor in this tragic accident.
downtown, car crash, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 37 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies 5 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video