Los Angeles News
Man shot dead at North Hollywood strip club
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An altercation at a North Hollywood strip club escalated into a shooting, leaving a man dead.
The incident occurred at about 10 p.m. Friday at the VIP Showgirls Club in the 12100 block of Victory Boulevard.
When responding Los Angeles police officers arrived on scene, they found the victim, 30-year-old Thomas Valdez of Santa Clarita, dead inside the club. Witnesses said Valdez was involved in a fight outside of the club with 30-year-old Forte Ramonta of North Hollywood.
Authorities said after the shooting, Ramonta ran from the location with his girlfriend, 22-year-old Anna Baez, a club employee.
Both were quickly detained by officers in a nearby park.
Ramonta was booked for murder and was being held on $1 million bail. Baez was booked for accessory to murder and was being held on $500,000 bail.
Correction: The suspect's name was originally listed as Ramonta Forte. It is in fact Forte Ramonta.
north hollywood, shooting, los angeles news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut