Los Angeles News
Inner Cabrillo Beach closed due to sewage spill
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- Health officials closed Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro due to a sewage spill.
Swimmers and surfers were advised to avoid the water in the San Pedro Bay beach area until at least 5 p.m. Thursday.
The beach was shut down after a sewer line broke on Tuesday. Public health officials will test bacteria levels in the water, and once the levels are safe, the beach will be reopened.
Recorded information on beach conditions is available 24 hours a day at (800) 525-5662, and online at www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/beach.
City News Service contributed to this report.
environment, sewage spill, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)