Los Angeles News
Inner Cabrillo Beach closed due to sewage spill
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- Health officials closed Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro due to a sewage spill.
Swimmers and surfers were advised to avoid the water in the San Pedro Bay beach area until at least 5 p.m. Thursday.
The beach was shut down after a sewer line broke on Tuesday. Public health officials will test bacteria levels in the water, and once the levels are safe, the beach will be reopened.
Recorded information on beach conditions is available 24 hours a day at (800) 525-5662, and online at www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/beach.
City News Service contributed to this report.
environment, sewage spill, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)