Los Angeles News
Inner Cabrillo Beach closed due to sewage spill
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- Health officials closed Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro due to a sewage spill.
Swimmers and surfers were advised to avoid the water in the San Pedro Bay beach area until at least 5 p.m. Thursday.
The beach was shut down after a sewer line broke on Tuesday. Public health officials will test bacteria levels in the water, and once the levels are safe, the beach will be reopened.
Recorded information on beach conditions is available 24 hours a day at (800) 525-5662, and online at www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/beach.
City News Service contributed to this report.
environment, sewage spill, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 26 min ago
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash 8 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role