Los Angeles News
Inner Cabrillo Beach closed due to sewage spill
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- Health officials closed Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro due to a sewage spill.
Swimmers and surfers were advised to avoid the water in the San Pedro Bay beach area until at least 5 p.m. Thursday.
The beach was shut down after a sewer line broke on Tuesday. Public health officials will test bacteria levels in the water, and once the levels are safe, the beach will be reopened.
Recorded information on beach conditions is available 24 hours a day at (800) 525-5662, and online at www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/beach.
City News Service contributed to this report.
environment, sewage spill, los angeles news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 44 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay 34 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with LA churchgoers
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 6.5-mag quake hits coast of Chile; No tsunami 13 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff 28 min ago
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal 39 min ago
- Intermittent fasting diets: Experts weigh in 13 min ago
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
4 min ago