Los Angeles News
East LA student missing after spending time w/ man met online
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A student at East Los Angeles City College has gone missing, and family members say she was last with a man she met online.
Ashley Barraza, 18, was dropped off near her school on Monday but never made it to class.
Family members said she recently met a man online with whom she spent the whole day.
The man told detectives he dropped her off at one of her friend's houses located at Garvey and Garfield avenues in Monterey Park.
Barraza is described as Hispanic with black hair, brown eyes, 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing approximately 190 pounds. She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, blue jean shorts, black tennis shoes and was carrying a green backpack.
Anyone with information regarding Barazza's whereabouts is asked to call (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
City News Service contributed to this report.
missing person, school, east los angeles, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere