Los Angeles News
East LA student missing after spending time w/ man met online
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A student at East Los Angeles City College has gone missing, and family members say she was last with a man she met online.
Ashley Barraza, 18, was dropped off near her school on Monday but never made it to class.
Family members said she recently met a man online with whom she spent the whole day.
The man told detectives he dropped her off at one of her friend's houses located at Garvey and Garfield avenues in Monterey Park.
Barraza is described as Hispanic with black hair, brown eyes, 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing approximately 190 pounds. She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, blue jean shorts, black tennis shoes and was carrying a green backpack.
Anyone with information regarding Barazza's whereabouts is asked to call (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
City News Service contributed to this report.
missing person, school, east los angeles, los angeles news
- Bell corruption trial: Jury reaches verdict 21 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 10 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 54 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown 7 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies 12 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke