Los Angeles News
East LA student missing after spending time w/ man met online
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A student at East Los Angeles City College has gone missing, and family members say she was last with a man she met online.
Ashley Barraza, 18, was dropped off near her school on Monday but never made it to class.
Family members said she recently met a man online with whom she spent the whole day.
The man told detectives he dropped her off at one of her friend's houses located at Garvey and Garfield avenues in Monterey Park.
Barraza is described as Hispanic with black hair, brown eyes, 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing approximately 190 pounds. She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, blue jean shorts, black tennis shoes and was carrying a green backpack.
Anyone with information regarding Barazza's whereabouts is asked to call (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
City News Service contributed to this report.
missing person, school, east los angeles, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments