Los Angeles News
Inner Cabrillo Beach still shut after sewage spill
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A swimming area in San Pedro Bay remained closed Friday because of contamination from a sewage spill.
Inner Cabrillo Beach was scheduled to open Thursday, but tests showed the contamination levels in the water were still too high for swimming and surfing.
The spill came from a broken sewer line.
The Department of Public Health said the beach will remain closed at least through 5 p.m. Friday.
Authorities will test the water again Friday afternoon to see if people can go back in the water.
sewage spill, beach, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments