Los Angeles News
Inner Cabrillo Beach still shut after sewage spill
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A swimming area in San Pedro Bay remained closed Friday because of contamination from a sewage spill.
Inner Cabrillo Beach was scheduled to open Thursday, but tests showed the contamination levels in the water were still too high for swimming and surfing.
The spill came from a broken sewer line.
The Department of Public Health said the beach will remain closed at least through 5 p.m. Friday.
Authorities will test the water again Friday afternoon to see if people can go back in the water.
sewage spill, beach, los angeles news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested