Los Angeles News
Inner Cabrillo Beach still shut after sewage spill
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A swimming area in San Pedro Bay remained closed Friday because of contamination from a sewage spill.
Inner Cabrillo Beach was scheduled to open Thursday, but tests showed the contamination levels in the water were still too high for swimming and surfing.
The spill came from a broken sewer line.
The Department of Public Health said the beach will remain closed at least through 5 p.m. Friday.
Authorities will test the water again Friday afternoon to see if people can go back in the water.
sewage spill, beach, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured 53 min ago
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 15 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 37 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians