Los Angeles News
Gunman opens fire at Little Tokyo club; 2 hurt
LITTLE TOKYO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for the gunman who opened fire on a crowd of people at a club in Little Tokyo Saturday.
The incident happened at The Vault XXI Boutique Lounge in the 300 block of South Alameda Street shortly after 1:30 a.m.
Police said the masked gunman fired into the crowd on the patio then took off. Two men were hit. Both were rushed to the hospital, where they were listed in critical condition after surgery.
The suspect reportedly ran to Alameda Street then headed north toward Third Street. Witnesses described him as wearing a beige hat, similar to a miniature fedora, a dark flannel shirt and jeans.
Officers said there may have been a dispute inside or outside the lounge. LAPD Lt. Paul Vernon said it appears the victims were targeted by the suspect.
Detectives processed the scene and found more than a half dozen shell casings from a semi-automatic weapon.
If you have any information regarding this incident, you're urged to call police at (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
little tokyo, shooting, los angeles news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology 20 min ago
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut