Los Angeles News
LAUSD offers free whooping cough booster shot clinics
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you have a child entering seventh through 12th grades in early August, you're running out of time to get them immunized for whooping cough.
The vaccine is now required following a surge in whooping cough cases last year.
To help parents and students comply with the new law, the Los Angeles Unified School District is offering free whooping cough booster shot clinics.
Upcoming clinics scheduled:
- Monday, July 25, Wednesday, July 27, and Friday, July 29: The Zelzah Clinic, North Area Nursing Office, 6505 Zelzah Ave, Reseda, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 26 through Thursday, July 28: Sun Valley High School, 9171 Telfair Ave., Sun Valley, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, July 30: Polytechnic Senior High School, 12431 Roscoe Blvd., Sun Valley, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 2 and Wednesday, Aug. 3: Arleta Senior High School, 14200 Van Nuys Blvd., Arleta, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To receive the whooping cough booster shot, students must have a completed LAUSD immunization consent form and their current immunization record.
District officials said additional LAUSD clinics are scheduled.
vaccination, lausd, los angeles news
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India 26 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video