Los Angeles News
LAUSD offers free whooping cough booster shot clinics
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you have a child entering seventh through 12th grades in early August, you're running out of time to get them immunized for whooping cough.
The vaccine is now required following a surge in whooping cough cases last year.
To help parents and students comply with the new law, the Los Angeles Unified School District is offering free whooping cough booster shot clinics.
Upcoming clinics scheduled:
- Monday, July 25, Wednesday, July 27, and Friday, July 29: The Zelzah Clinic, North Area Nursing Office, 6505 Zelzah Ave, Reseda, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 26 through Thursday, July 28: Sun Valley High School, 9171 Telfair Ave., Sun Valley, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, July 30: Polytechnic Senior High School, 12431 Roscoe Blvd., Sun Valley, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 2 and Wednesday, Aug. 3: Arleta Senior High School, 14200 Van Nuys Blvd., Arleta, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To receive the whooping cough booster shot, students must have a completed LAUSD immunization consent form and their current immunization record.
District officials said additional LAUSD clinics are scheduled.
vaccination, lausd, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams into apartment, killing girl 5 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 56 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 21 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 25 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour