Los Angeles News
LAUSD offers free whooping cough booster shot clinics
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you have a child entering seventh through 12th grades in early August, you're running out of time to get them immunized for whooping cough.
The vaccine is now required following a surge in whooping cough cases last year.
To help parents and students comply with the new law, the Los Angeles Unified School District is offering free whooping cough booster shot clinics.
Upcoming clinics scheduled:
- Monday, July 25, Wednesday, July 27, and Friday, July 29: The Zelzah Clinic, North Area Nursing Office, 6505 Zelzah Ave, Reseda, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 26 through Thursday, July 28: Sun Valley High School, 9171 Telfair Ave., Sun Valley, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, July 30: Polytechnic Senior High School, 12431 Roscoe Blvd., Sun Valley, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 2 and Wednesday, Aug. 3: Arleta Senior High School, 14200 Van Nuys Blvd., Arleta, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To receive the whooping cough booster shot, students must have a completed LAUSD immunization consent form and their current immunization record.
District officials said additional LAUSD clinics are scheduled.
vaccination, lausd, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 34 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 31 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 36 min ago