Los Angeles News
LAUSD offers free whooping cough booster shot clinics
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you have a child entering seventh through 12th grades in early August, you're running out of time to get them immunized for whooping cough.
The vaccine is now required following a surge in whooping cough cases last year.
To help parents and students comply with the new law, the Los Angeles Unified School District is offering free whooping cough booster shot clinics.
Upcoming clinics scheduled:
- Monday, July 25, Wednesday, July 27, and Friday, July 29: The Zelzah Clinic, North Area Nursing Office, 6505 Zelzah Ave, Reseda, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 26 through Thursday, July 28: Sun Valley High School, 9171 Telfair Ave., Sun Valley, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, July 30: Polytechnic Senior High School, 12431 Roscoe Blvd., Sun Valley, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 2 and Wednesday, Aug. 3: Arleta Senior High School, 14200 Van Nuys Blvd., Arleta, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To receive the whooping cough booster shot, students must have a completed LAUSD immunization consent form and their current immunization record.
District officials said additional LAUSD clinics are scheduled.
vaccination, lausd, los angeles news
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require TAP card 2 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Woman seen on camera taking dog from OC home
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer 14 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 45 min ago
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy