Los Angeles News
Bell won't cover Robert Rizzo's legal bills
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Former Bell City Manager Robert Rizzo lost a bid to make the city pay his legal costs, at least for now.
Rizzo is facing dozens of counts of fraud and other charges over a Bell executive salary scandal.
A judge ruled Tuesday that the city does not have to cover Rizzo's legal expenses, at least not until a jury decides whether Rizzo's actions were a legitimate part of his job.
Meanwhile the Bell City Council has let Interim City Administrator Pedro Carillo go.
Mayor Ali Saleh takes over day-to-day city operations until a replacement is found.
legal, fraud, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 14 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 31 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book