Los Angeles News
Bell won't cover Robert Rizzo's legal bills
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Former Bell City Manager Robert Rizzo lost a bid to make the city pay his legal costs, at least for now.
Rizzo is facing dozens of counts of fraud and other charges over a Bell executive salary scandal.
A judge ruled Tuesday that the city does not have to cover Rizzo's legal expenses, at least not until a jury decides whether Rizzo's actions were a legitimate part of his job.
Meanwhile the Bell City Council has let Interim City Administrator Pedro Carillo go.
Mayor Ali Saleh takes over day-to-day city operations until a replacement is found.
legal, fraud, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 38 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap 42 min ago
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)