Los Angeles News
Bell won't cover Robert Rizzo's legal bills
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Former Bell City Manager Robert Rizzo lost a bid to make the city pay his legal costs, at least for now.
Rizzo is facing dozens of counts of fraud and other charges over a Bell executive salary scandal.
A judge ruled Tuesday that the city does not have to cover Rizzo's legal expenses, at least not until a jury decides whether Rizzo's actions were a legitimate part of his job.
Meanwhile the Bell City Council has let Interim City Administrator Pedro Carillo go.
Mayor Ali Saleh takes over day-to-day city operations until a replacement is found.
legal, fraud, los angeles news
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt 34 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 31 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning 20 min ago
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 25 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis