Los Angeles News
Police continue investigating tips in Stow beating case
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- As police work the case against two suspects accused of severely beating a Giants fan at Dodger Stadium, more information is revealed about two people who were apparently with the suspects.
LAPD Deputy Chief David Doan, the chief of detectives, says the department continues to work on a case against the woman who may have witnessed the beating and driven the getaway car.
Dorene Sanchez is the sister of one of two suspects, Louie Sanchez, charged in the critical beating of Santa Cruz paramedic Bryan Stow. She is the girlfriend of the other suspect, Marvin Norwood.
Both have been charged with assault and mayhem. Neither has entered a plea. The two men were being held on $500,000 bail each.
Dorene Sanchez was released on bail and never charged.
Eyewitness News went to the Norwood home Tuesday, but no one answered the door.
Deputy Chief Doan says the case against her is ongoing. Witnesses saw a woman driving the two beating suspects away from Dodger Stadium on the night of the attack, March 31, after the Dodgers' opening-day game.
"We got a lot of tips and we're following up on every single one of those, over 800 tips have been called in, and I expect a few more will come in as a result of this arrest, and we'll continue to work on all of those," said Doan.
There was an 11-year-old boy with the trio at Dodger Stadium. The boy has supplied detectives with some information.
Sanchez has a scheduled bail reduction hearing Monday. Bail for both suspects is set at $500,000 each.
Police believe there may be other victims and witnesses.
Anyone with information in the case is asked to call (877) LAPD-247.
arrest, court case, los angeles news, john north
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 29 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 12 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere