Los Angeles News
Attorneys file for Giovanni Ramirez release from prison
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Attorneys for Giovanni Ramirez have filed a petition to release Ramirez from prison Wednesday, claiming he was denied due process in his parole hearing.
Attorneys claim the Los Angeles Police Department jumped to conclusion Ramirez was the assailant of Bryan Stow, a Santa Cruz paramedic who was severely beaten in a Dodger Stadium parking lot on March 31 after the opening day game.
Ramirez was arrested on May 22 on suspicion of the crime. A gun was found in the house where he was arrested.
Ramirez was never charged in the Stow case.
Ramirez was a parolee. His parole was revoked after it was determined he had "access to firearms," a violation.
Ramirez is currently incarcerated in the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility in San Diego. He was sentenced to 10 months for the parole violation.
arrest, court case, los angeles news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Paul Walker autopsy results released 52 min ago
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- Stolen truck w/ radioactive load found empty 5 min ago
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- Air zone dispute: US, China talk; no consensus 55 min ago
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film