Los Angeles News
Attorneys file for Giovanni Ramirez release from prison
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Attorneys for Giovanni Ramirez have filed a petition to release Ramirez from prison Wednesday, claiming he was denied due process in his parole hearing.
Attorneys claim the Los Angeles Police Department jumped to conclusion Ramirez was the assailant of Bryan Stow, a Santa Cruz paramedic who was severely beaten in a Dodger Stadium parking lot on March 31 after the opening day game.
Ramirez was arrested on May 22 on suspicion of the crime. A gun was found in the house where he was arrested.
Ramirez was never charged in the Stow case.
Ramirez was a parolee. His parole was revoked after it was determined he had "access to firearms," a violation.
Ramirez is currently incarcerated in the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility in San Diego. He was sentenced to 10 months for the parole violation.
arrest, court case, los angeles news
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 1 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 6 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 53 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 10 min ago
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 47 min ago
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family 44 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months