Los Angeles News
Gun found in carry-on at Bob Hope Airport; passenger arrested
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was arrested at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank for bringing a loaded handgun in her carry-on bag.
A screener found the gun during a baggage X-ray Tuesday.
So instead of boarding a Southwest Airlines flight for Vegas, the woman was taken to jail.
It is legal to fly with firearms, but only if they are unloaded and put in checked baggage and declared to the airline.
burbank, airport security, airport news, arrest, los angeles news
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year 55 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 53 min ago
- OTRC: 'Terminator' reboot: Jason Clarke in talks