Los Angeles News
Driver flees after slamming SUV into Acapulco
MONROVIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver plowed his SUV into an Acapulco restaurant in Monrovia early Tuesday morning, and then fled the scene.
Authorities say the accident happened at 600 West Huntington Drive just before 1 a.m.
Officials say it appears the driver may have been drinking, but he fled the scene before authorities got there.
Police have identified him but are not releasing his name. They said they anticipate arrested the driver after filing a case with the D.A.'s office.
The vehicle caused some structural damage to the restaurant. A few people who were near the crash suffered minor injuries.
accident, san gabriel valley, hit and run, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 26 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 15 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer 56 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)