Los Angeles News
1 killed, 2 wounded in San Gabriel stabbing
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- One woman was killed and two others were wounded in a stabbing at a house in San Gabriel.
A woman was pronounced dead at the scene on the 5500 block of Walnut Grove Avenue at about 5:30 a.m. Her estranged husband and a sister were also wounded in what sheriff's detectives are calling a domestic incident.
Investigators found two kitchen knives Wednesday believed to be weapons.
One sister, wounded and bleeding, had run to a neighbor's house. She told a 911 dispatcher that she and her sister were attacked.
The estranged husband, also wounded, was considered a person of interest, but a motive for the attack was not determined.
The deceased woman's sister and her estranged husband were both hospitalized with stab wounds. The deceased woman was not identified.
According to L.A. County Sheriff's Lt. Mike Rosson, the estranged husband had not broken into the house. The couple had reconciled.
"My understanding, he had been here for quite some time and had been invited in," said Rosson.
The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information related to the case was urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Department Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
homicide investigation, stabbing, san gabriel valley, los angeles news, miriam hernandez
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 51 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 12 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'