Los Angeles News
1 killed, 2 wounded in San Gabriel stabbing
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- One woman was killed and two others were wounded in a stabbing at a house in San Gabriel.
A woman was pronounced dead at the scene on the 5500 block of Walnut Grove Avenue at about 5:30 a.m. Her estranged husband and a sister were also wounded in what sheriff's detectives are calling a domestic incident.
Investigators found two kitchen knives Wednesday believed to be weapons.
One sister, wounded and bleeding, had run to a neighbor's house. She told a 911 dispatcher that she and her sister were attacked.
The estranged husband, also wounded, was considered a person of interest, but a motive for the attack was not determined.
The deceased woman's sister and her estranged husband were both hospitalized with stab wounds. The deceased woman was not identified.
According to L.A. County Sheriff's Lt. Mike Rosson, the estranged husband had not broken into the house. The couple had reconciled.
"My understanding, he had been here for quite some time and had been invited in," said Rosson.
The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information related to the case was urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Department Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
homicide investigation, stabbing, san gabriel valley, los angeles news, miriam hernandez
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 37 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 13 min ago
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)