Los Angeles News
Candlelight vigil held for Redondo Beach boy killed by truck
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A candlelight vigil was held Saturday night for a boy killed by a truck while riding his bike in Redondo Beach.
Flowers, toys and messages where placed near the spot where 7-year-old Jeremy Perez was killed Friday morning.
The boy had ridden his bike a few blocks to the Albertsons where his mom worked when he was hit by an 18-wheeler in the store parking lot.
He died at the hospital.
A memorial fund has been set up to help pay for burial costs. All donations should go to:
The Jeremy Perez Memorial Fund
C/O Wells Fargo Account #5180865940
los angeles news
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop 15 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Salt water treatment helps rare lung disease
5 min ago