Los Angeles News
Stolen puppies found on Venice boardwalk
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The owner of seven stolen Bull-Terrier puppies has recovered four of the furry guys.
The owner says the puppies were stolen from his house in Commerce, but now they're back home with their mother. They're only four weeks old and are still nursing.
The owner's brother-in-law alerted him that the stolen puppies were being sold at the Venice boardwalk. He rushed there to get them.
"I look at the puppies and there's yes, some guys selling them," said Manuel Zidriezca. "And police is 30 yards away. So I go over there and tell the police what's going on and show them proof that those puppies belong to me. Came over got the guys and arrested them."
The three other puppies were sold. The owner hopes to get them back since they are still nursing.
animal news, robbery, venice beach, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees