Los Angeles News
Suspect sought in Silver Lake shooting of delivery driver
SILVER LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was shot in the head Sunday morning on the 1400 block of Silver Lake Boulevard. The victim is on life support at County USC Medical Center.
According to friends and co-workers, the victim is 25-year-old David Vasquez. Vasquez was leaving work around 4:45 a.m. Sunday from the Garage Pizza restaurant, where Vasquez worked as a delivery driver. He was shot once just after 5 a.m.
Monday, no one at the restaurant wanted to talk about what happened. A man at the door looked distraught and said no one was up to talking about Vazquez.
The suspect, according to police, is a male Latino in his 20s. The car he was in was described as a light-colored 4-door import, possibly a Honda or Toyota.
According to police, Vasquez pulled up behind the suspect vehicle at Berkeley Ave. just west of Silver Lake Blvd. The suspect vehicle was double-parked.
Vasquez drove around the car heading toward Silver Lake Blvd. According to police, that's when the suspect vehicle followed Vasquez down to the boulevard where both cars turned right.
"We're looking into the possibility of road rage because we have no other explanation. Apparently the victim and the two co-workers apparently have no gang affiliation, don't know, didn't recognize the individual in the other car, and there doesn't seem to be anything that precipitated this crime," said LAPD Lieutenant Steve Flores.
Vasquez remains on life support. Police say he is not expected to survive.
The Mexican Consulate is making arrangements for Vasquez's family to come up from Mexico City to be with him.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
silver lake, shooting, car crash, lapd, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds