Los Angeles News
LAPD widens number of cases linked to 'Grim Sleeper'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police have reportedly widened the number of cases that may be linked to "Grim Sleeper" suspect Lonnie Franklin Jr. to as many as 230 missing persons and unsolved killings.
Franklin has pleaded not guilty to the murders of 10 women.
Detectives have already been looking at about 60 unsolved cases from the early 1980s until Franklin's arrest in July 2010.
Now investigators are looking into more cases in South Los Angeles, dating back to 1976 when Franklin got out of the army.
homicide investigation, murder, sex crimes, south los angeles, downtown, los angeles news
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Stroke recognition crucial for quick...
38 min ago