Los Angeles News
LAPD widens number of cases linked to 'Grim Sleeper'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police have reportedly widened the number of cases that may be linked to "Grim Sleeper" suspect Lonnie Franklin Jr. to as many as 230 missing persons and unsolved killings.
Franklin has pleaded not guilty to the murders of 10 women.
Detectives have already been looking at about 60 unsolved cases from the early 1980s until Franklin's arrest in July 2010.
Now investigators are looking into more cases in South Los Angeles, dating back to 1976 when Franklin got out of the army.
homicide investigation, murder, sex crimes, south los angeles, downtown, los angeles news
- EB 210 Fwy lanes closed, Gold Line shut down 13 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Pet of the Week: Mini Pinscher named Tabasco
23 min ago