Los Angeles News
Suspects pose as security during West LA robberies
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Armed robbers on a rampage in west Los Angeles were caught on camera.
Now police are hoping to catch them in person after three store holdups so far. At least three armed robbery suspects are still at large.
The first robbery happened at Bob's Market on National Boulevard. Surveillance video shows a man in a ski mask and black shirt entering the store around 8:30 p.m. last Saturday. The suspect points a gun at the cashier as a customer looks on, takes money and leaves.
The word "security" can be seen on the back of the suspect's shirt. Moris Hernandez who manages a deli next door says it was scary.
"I was ready to close when we heard some people saying something happened," said Hernandez. "I locked the door."
The second robbery happened on Tuesday just before 9 p.m. at Overland Liquor Store, which is just a few miles from the first market.
This time surveillance footage shows two suspects in ski masks and gloves. One of them threatens the cashier with a gun and demands money before both escape.
"The men came in dark security t-shirts, on the back it said 'security,' and were in ski masks," said Officer Cleon Joseph from the L.A. Police Department.
The third robbery happened on Wednesday at a Trader Joe's on National Boulevard. In that instance three suspects entered the store, all of them carrying handguns and dressed in black "security" shirts.
No one has been hurt, but customers say the crime spree is disturbing.
"People will get scared," said customer Allen Tai. "They won't come out at night because of what happened- the robbery."
If you have any information, call the LAPD at 877-LAPD-24-7.
west los angeles, robbery, los angeles news, amy powell
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 8 min ago
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book