Los Angeles News
Suspects pose as security during West LA robberies
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Armed robbers on a rampage in west Los Angeles were caught on camera.
Now police are hoping to catch them in person after three store holdups so far. At least three armed robbery suspects are still at large.
The first robbery happened at Bob's Market on National Boulevard. Surveillance video shows a man in a ski mask and black shirt entering the store around 8:30 p.m. last Saturday. The suspect points a gun at the cashier as a customer looks on, takes money and leaves.
The word "security" can be seen on the back of the suspect's shirt. Moris Hernandez who manages a deli next door says it was scary.
"I was ready to close when we heard some people saying something happened," said Hernandez. "I locked the door."
The second robbery happened on Tuesday just before 9 p.m. at Overland Liquor Store, which is just a few miles from the first market.
This time surveillance footage shows two suspects in ski masks and gloves. One of them threatens the cashier with a gun and demands money before both escape.
"The men came in dark security t-shirts, on the back it said 'security,' and were in ski masks," said Officer Cleon Joseph from the L.A. Police Department.
The third robbery happened on Wednesday at a Trader Joe's on National Boulevard. In that instance three suspects entered the store, all of them carrying handguns and dressed in black "security" shirts.
No one has been hurt, but customers say the crime spree is disturbing.
"People will get scared," said customer Allen Tai. "They won't come out at night because of what happened- the robbery."
If you have any information, call the LAPD at 877-LAPD-24-7.
west los angeles, robbery, los angeles news, amy powell
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology 41 min ago
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut