Los Angeles News
West LA Trader Joe's latest target in robbery spree
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Trader Joe's store on Westwood and National boulevards was the latest target in a recent slew of Westside robberies.
The market was hit Wednesday at about 9:45 p.m. when multiple suspects stormed the store. All were wearing ski masks and black T-shirts with the word "Security" printed on it.
The rash of robberies began last Saturday at Bob's Market on National Boulevard. A Man in a ski mask and a black "Security" T-shirt was seen on surveillance video entering the store at about 8:30 p.m.
The man pointed a gun at the cashier, demanded money and left with the stolen cash.
The second robbery happened on Tuesday shortly before 9 p.m. at Overland Liquor Store just a few miles away from Bob's Market.
At the liquor store, an armed man wearing the same type of T-shirt demanded money. The man and an accomplice took the cash and fled.
Police say these robbery suspects are dangerous and need to be caught.
LAPD Officer Cleon Joseph said the suspects were seen driving away in a dark-colored four-door vehicle following the first and third robberies. In the second robbery, the suspects were seen leaving in a white four-door vehicle with a sunroof.
If you have any information regarding these robberies, you're urged to contact the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
west los angeles, robbery, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require TAP card 2 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Woman seen on camera taking dog from OC home
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer 14 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 45 min ago
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy