Los Angeles News
West LA Trader Joe's latest target in robbery spree
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Trader Joe's store on Westwood and National boulevards was the latest target in a recent slew of Westside robberies.
The market was hit Wednesday at about 9:45 p.m. when multiple suspects stormed the store. All were wearing ski masks and black T-shirts with the word "Security" printed on it.
The rash of robberies began last Saturday at Bob's Market on National Boulevard. A Man in a ski mask and a black "Security" T-shirt was seen on surveillance video entering the store at about 8:30 p.m.
The man pointed a gun at the cashier, demanded money and left with the stolen cash.
The second robbery happened on Tuesday shortly before 9 p.m. at Overland Liquor Store just a few miles away from Bob's Market.
At the liquor store, an armed man wearing the same type of T-shirt demanded money. The man and an accomplice took the cash and fled.
Police say these robbery suspects are dangerous and need to be caught.
LAPD Officer Cleon Joseph said the suspects were seen driving away in a dark-colored four-door vehicle following the first and third robberies. In the second robbery, the suspects were seen leaving in a white four-door vehicle with a sunroof.
If you have any information regarding these robberies, you're urged to contact the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
west los angeles, robbery, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate