Los Angeles News
Silver Lake shooting victim taken off life support
SILVER LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The victim of an apparent road-rage incident in Los Angeles' Silver Lake has died.
David Vasquez, 25, was taken off life support on Sunday, and his organs were donated for transplant.
Vasquez was giving two coworkers a ride home on Aug. 7 when a car drove up next to his pickup truck on Silver Lake Boulevard.
Police say that person said something to him, pulled out a gun and shot Vasquez in the head.
Vasquez worked as a delivery driver at Garage Pizza restaurant. His family arrived from Mexico this week and made the decision to take him off life support.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
silver lake, shooting, car crash, lapd, los angeles news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2