Los Angeles News
Silver Lake shooting victim taken off life support
SILVER LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The victim of an apparent road-rage incident in Los Angeles' Silver Lake has died.
David Vasquez, 25, was taken off life support on Sunday, and his organs were donated for transplant.
Vasquez was giving two coworkers a ride home on Aug. 7 when a car drove up next to his pickup truck on Silver Lake Boulevard.
Police say that person said something to him, pulled out a gun and shot Vasquez in the head.
Vasquez worked as a delivery driver at Garage Pizza restaurant. His family arrived from Mexico this week and made the decision to take him off life support.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
silver lake, shooting, car crash, lapd, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 44 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 4 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 37 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts 48 min ago