Los Angeles News
Silver Lake shooting victim taken off life support
SILVER LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The victim of an apparent road-rage incident in Los Angeles' Silver Lake has died.
David Vasquez, 25, was taken off life support on Sunday, and his organs were donated for transplant.
Vasquez was giving two coworkers a ride home on Aug. 7 when a car drove up next to his pickup truck on Silver Lake Boulevard.
Police say that person said something to him, pulled out a gun and shot Vasquez in the head.
Vasquez worked as a delivery driver at Garage Pizza restaurant. His family arrived from Mexico this week and made the decision to take him off life support.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
silver lake, shooting, car crash, lapd, los angeles news
- Fatal Baldwin Village fire deemed accident
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- Kelly Thomas trial: Surveillance video shown
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery 52 min ago
- Best high-tech toys for kids this season
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- Paul Walker crash seen on surveillance video
- Ben Stiller marks prints at TCL Theatre
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video