Los Angeles News
Armed bandits storm into Koreatown jewelry store
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police say armed bandits stormed into a jewelry store in Los Angeles' Koreatown on Tuesday, attacking one person with a hammer.
Authorities responded to C C Diamonds at 3240 Wilshire Boulevard, just west of Vermont Avenue, at about 11 a.m. after someone reported hearing screaming and glass breaking.
According to the Los Angeles Police Department, a parking attendant was severely beaten by the suspects. He was rushed to Los Angeles County USC Medical Center. He was in critical but stable condition Tuesday afternoon.
A 27-year-old female suffered lacerations during the robbery, but she was expected to be OK.
The suspects fled out of a rear exit and carjacked a driver, then drove away in a white van. The van was last seen driving southbound on Vermont Avenue.
The victim of the carjacking did not resist and was not injured.
"The parking-lot attendant was viciously attacked by these two male blacks as they were fleeing from the location. They came out after the attack. They ran out, they attempted to take a car from a female Korean in her 30s. They broke out her window -- again, very vicious," said LAPD Captain Tina Nieto.
The suspects remain on the loose. Suspect descriptions were not immediately available. Police said the pair should be considered armed and dangerous.
Streets in the area were briefly shut down while police investigated.
Police said the thieves did not get away with anything from the store.
Anyone with information related to the incident should contact the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
robbery, koreatown, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting 43 min ago
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk 48 min ago
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son