Los Angeles News
Man shot while giving directions in Canyon Country
CANYON COUNTRY, SANTA CLARITA (KABC) -- A 20-year-old man from Canyon Country was hospitalized after being shot while he took a walk in his neighborhood on Tuesday.
Police say the victim was walking on the 19000 block of Merryhill Street when two men in a white, four-door Honda pulled up next to him and asked for directions at about 11:50 p.m.
When he stopped to answer, one of the men in the vehicle opened fire, hitting the man in the shoulder.
Police believe the suspects are gang members, but the victim is not.
City News Service contributed to this report.
santa clarita valley, shooting, gang activity, los angeles news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 11 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 53 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
18 min ago