Los Angeles News
Man shot while giving directions in Canyon Country
CANYON COUNTRY, SANTA CLARITA (KABC) -- A 20-year-old man from Canyon Country was hospitalized after being shot while he took a walk in his neighborhood on Tuesday.
Police say the victim was walking on the 19000 block of Merryhill Street when two men in a white, four-door Honda pulled up next to him and asked for directions at about 11:50 p.m.
When he stopped to answer, one of the men in the vehicle opened fire, hitting the man in the shoulder.
Police believe the suspects are gang members, but the victim is not.
City News Service contributed to this report.
santa clarita valley, shooting, gang activity, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 29 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 47 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 53 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Kansas Jewish center reopens after shooting 30 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break