Los Angeles News
Silver Lake car shooting sketch released
SILVER LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A composite sketch of a murder suspect was released in the investigation of a shooting death in Silver Lake.
A 20-year-old man was fatally shot in the head on Silver Lake Boulevard at Scott Place. The victim's mother issued a plea for help on Friday.
With tears in her eyes, Maria Asuncion Vasquez Ramirez described her son David Vasquez as a good son, brother, and friend. He worked two jobs, including a late night deliveryman at Garage Pizza.
On Aug. 7 he was driving two friends home from work inside this black pickup truck when they were shot at, shattering the window.
Vasquez was rushed to the hospital and later died.
"The crime could be related to a road rage," said LAPD Capt. Bill Murphy. "That's based on statements on how the crime went down."
"Someone was as blatant as this, there were three individuals in a car, they just pulled the gun and went boom, boom, boom, and drove away," said L.A. City Councilman Tom Labonge. "They will do that again."
The LAPD says the suspect likely looks like a Hispanic man is his late twenties or early thirties. He was in a green Honda Civic, with circular backup lights.
"We need the public's help," said Murphy. "Anything you can do would help us."
Vasquez's mother flew here from Mexico to say goodbye to her son and plea with the public for information.
"She says she does not wish this upon another mother," said LAPD Det. Jose Carrillo.
If you have any information, call 877-LAPD-24-7. The LAPD and L.A. City Council are working on a $50,000 reward.
silver lake, shooting, car crash, lapd, los angeles news, elex michaelson
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants