Los Angeles News
Woman turns self in after NoHo fatal hit-run
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police said a 21-year-old woman turned herself in for a hit-and-run collision that killed a 70-year-old pedestrian in North Hollywood on Sunday.
Investigators said Alicia Carolina Benites of Tarzana showed up to the LAPD's West Valley Community Police Station about 10 a.m. Sunday.
The incident happened at the intersection of Saticoy Street and Atoll Avenue at around 1:40 a.m.
A pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses said the driver plowed into the victim and sped away, leaving the man to die. Police said the driver headed westbound on Saticoy Street.
Authorities said the woman's car was accurately described by witnesses as a four-door, white sedan with some front-end damage.
She was booked for felony hit-and-run and is being held on $50,000 bail.
north hollywood, hit and run, lapd, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour 47 min ago
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 34 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again 11 min ago
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet
- Oxnard nursery relieved plants didn't freeze
45 min ago
- Fugetsu-Do makes fresh, delicious mochi
23 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
6 min ago
- Ceremony honors LA's unclaimed dead
17 min ago