Los Angeles News
Woman turns self in after NoHo fatal hit-run
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police said a 21-year-old woman turned herself in for a hit-and-run collision that killed a 70-year-old pedestrian in North Hollywood on Sunday.
Investigators said Alicia Carolina Benites of Tarzana showed up to the LAPD's West Valley Community Police Station about 10 a.m. Sunday.
The incident happened at the intersection of Saticoy Street and Atoll Avenue at around 1:40 a.m.
A pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses said the driver plowed into the victim and sped away, leaving the man to die. Police said the driver headed westbound on Saticoy Street.
Authorities said the woman's car was accurately described by witnesses as a four-door, white sedan with some front-end damage.
She was booked for felony hit-and-run and is being held on $50,000 bail.
north hollywood, hit and run, lapd, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)