Los Angeles News
Sentencing begins in Rose Bowl tailgate brawl
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Winnetka man will be sentenced on Monday in a violent brawl during a tailgating party at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
Prosecutors say 23-year-old Anthony Cisneros used a knife to assault people in the crowd gathered for the football game between USC and UCLA last December.
Witnesses say the melee broke out when someone threw a football that accidentally hit a car.
Cisneros pleaded no contest to two counts of attempted murder. He is expected to get 15 years and four months in prison.
fight, rose bowl, stabbing, arrest, ucla bruins, usc trojans, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 52 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 6 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 31 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)