Los Angeles News
Man pleads not guilty in murder of Silver Lake pizza deliveryman
SILVER LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An 18-year-old alleged gang member has pleaded not guilty in the shooting death of a pizza deliveryman.
Jose Beltran was arraigned on charges of murder and shooting at an occupied vehicle in connection with the death of 25-year-old Juan David Vasquez Loma in Silver Lake.
His bail was set at $3 million.
Prosecutors said earlier this month that Vasquez Loma was driving coworkers home from work when Beltran allegedly opened fire from another vehicle, striking the victim in the head.
silver lake, shooting, car crash, lapd, los angeles news
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Holiday crackdown on jaywalking in downtown LA
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing 8 min ago
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot 10 min ago