Los Angeles News
LA cities organization backs proposed downtown NFL stadium
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An organization of Los Angeles County cities has endorsed AEG's plan for a stadium in downtown Los Angeles.
The Independent Cities Association had previously thrown its support behind a plan by Majestic Realty to build a stadium in the City of Industry, but it voted last week to support the downtown project instead.
Other city organizations have gone on record supporting both plans.
Both AEG and Majestic have said they won't break ground on their projects until they've secured an NFL team. So far, that hasn't happened.
downtown, los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 27 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 30 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
43 min ago