Los Angeles News
Deputy patrol car stuck in mulch during DUI chase
LYNWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A couple of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies chasing a suspected drunk driver ran off a freeway off-ramp in Lynwood and got stuck in some mulch.
The incident happened on the Imperial Highway exit of the 710 Freeway at about 2 a.m. Saturday.
The deputies were not hurt and the suspect was later arrested outside his home.
Officials said some of the mulch started smoldering because of the hot undercarriage of the patrol car.
car crash, car chase, dui, los angeles news
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require TAP card 48 min ago
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court 5 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test 38 min ago
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony 11 min ago
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis