Los Angeles News
Deputy patrol car stuck in mulch during DUI chase
LYNWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A couple of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies chasing a suspected drunk driver ran off a freeway off-ramp in Lynwood and got stuck in some mulch.
The incident happened on the Imperial Highway exit of the 710 Freeway at about 2 a.m. Saturday.
The deputies were not hurt and the suspect was later arrested outside his home.
Officials said some of the mulch started smoldering because of the hot undercarriage of the patrol car.
car crash, car chase, dui, los angeles news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds