Los Angeles News
New rules in effect for tailgaiting at Rose Bowl
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A new set of guidelines went into effect Saturday for pregame tailgating parties outside the Rose Bowl.
The guidelines, which were in effect before UCLA played its 2011 football home opener against San Jose State, are as follow:
- Tailgating will be limited to the front or behind vehicles only.
- Tents no larger than 10-by-10 feet may be erected only in front of or behind your vehicle.
- Open flames are prohibited in any tailgate or parking areas.
- Charcoal grills are prohibited in the recreational vehicle parking area.
- It is requested that glass containers not be used and that all drinks be placed in plastic or disposable cups.
- Trash to be placed in bags and left in your tailgate area or be taken to bins throughout parking areas.
- Playing games involving the consumption of alcohol or using alcohol-related paraphernalia is prohibited.
- Excessively loud amplified music, such as DJs or live entertainment, is prohibited.
- Consuming alcohol in the parking lots after the kickoff is not allowed.
Failure to comply with the guidelines, along with all applicable city, state and federal laws, stadium or UCLA polices may result in citation or arrest as well as loss of tailgating privileges and game tickets, Rose Bowl general manager Darryl Dunn said.
The new guidelines come after two men were stabbed before a USC-UCLA football game in a Rose Bowl parking lot.
Two police officers were hurt trying to break up the brawl and three people were arrested.
Police said there were 50 to 75 fans involved in the melee and it wasn't the rivalry that sparked the fights. It was a wild throw of a football hitting someone's Mercedes-Benz.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fight, rose bowl, stabbing, arrest, ucla bruins, usc trojans, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero' 1 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 2 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour