Los Angeles News
Family dispute leads to fatal police shooting
MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a violent family dispute led officers to a home in Monterey Park, where a man was shot and killed by officers.
The incident happened on the 200 block of North McPherrin Avenue at about 12:20 a.m. Wednesday.
Officials said police got a call from a man saying his brother was threatening their mother with a knife. When authorities arrived, they said there was a dispute going on between a man and a woman.
Officers had to kick open the door of the bedroom, and according to Lt. Dave Coleman of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, the suspect lunged at them with a large knife.
One officer shot the suspect. No one else was injured.
The sheriff's department is investigating the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, shooting, los angeles news, sid garcia
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised 47 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
57 min ago