Los Angeles News
Long Beach Marathon runner fueling up on McDonald's for charity
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A runner in next month's Long Beach Marathon is fueling up on fast food to help raise money for a good cause.
Emily Strunk, also known as "McRunnerette" plans to eat McDonald's for every meal for 31 days.
The fast food diet will end on Oct. 9, which is the day of the race.
Strunk, 36, said she is not worried about the calories or nutrition. She is concerned with being able to make it to the restaurant every time hunger strikes.
"My biggest concern is the logistics of it - getting to McDonald's enough during the day. I don't eat three meals a day. I kind of eat all day long," said Strunk.
Strunk is running to raise money for the Ronald McDonald house. It's a cause close to her heart. When trunk was 13 years old, her brother died of brain cancer.
long beach, charity, food, los angeles news
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 58 min ago
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 30 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 6 min ago
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)