Los Angeles News
Long Beach Marathon runner fueling up on McDonald's for charity
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A runner in next month's Long Beach Marathon is fueling up on fast food to help raise money for a good cause.
Emily Strunk, also known as "McRunnerette" plans to eat McDonald's for every meal for 31 days.
The fast food diet will end on Oct. 9, which is the day of the race.
Strunk, 36, said she is not worried about the calories or nutrition. She is concerned with being able to make it to the restaurant every time hunger strikes.
"My biggest concern is the logistics of it - getting to McDonald's enough during the day. I don't eat three meals a day. I kind of eat all day long," said Strunk.
Strunk is running to raise money for the Ronald McDonald house. It's a cause close to her heart. When trunk was 13 years old, her brother died of brain cancer.
long beach, charity, food, los angeles news
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year 23 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients 39 min ago
- House GOP signal support for budget deal 41 min ago
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 21 min ago
- OTRC: 'Terminator' reboot: Jason Clarke in talks 57 min ago