Los Angeles News
Suspect arrested in party shooing near USC
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police have arrested 21-year-old Tyson Tiree Smith from Signal Hill in connection to a shooting at an off-campus party near the University of Southern California.
Smith was taken into custody and booked on two counts of attempted murder.
Police said Smith shot one female student in the finger and another male student in the stomach. That student was released from the hospital Thursday.
Authorities said students interrupted a theft in progress at the party and were shot by Smith Sept. 4.
school, shooting, arrest, los angeles news
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 24 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 23 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 11 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
38 min ago