Los Angeles News
Suspect arrested in party shooing near USC
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police have arrested 21-year-old Tyson Tiree Smith from Signal Hill in connection to a shooting at an off-campus party near the University of Southern California.
Smith was taken into custody and booked on two counts of attempted murder.
Police said Smith shot one female student in the finger and another male student in the stomach. That student was released from the hospital Thursday.
Authorities said students interrupted a theft in progress at the party and were shot by Smith Sept. 4.
school, shooting, arrest, los angeles news
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 10 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment 59 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report