Los Angeles News
Power out for 1,000+ in LA's Echo Park area
ECHO PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Power was out for over 1,000 people in the Echo Park area of Los Angeles on Friday morning, officials said.
The power outage was blamed on downed wires, but it was unknown was caused the wires to come down.
The Department of Water and Power says 1,353 customers were without power. Crews were on scene trying to repair the wires.
The outage also affected the California Highway Patrol communication center phones, but authorities said 911 calls were still being answered.
It was unknown when the power would be restored.
echo park, power outage, department of water and power, los angeles news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 44 min ago
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 40 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 35 min ago
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors