Los Angeles News
Malibu Triathlon draws thousands of athletes
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- The 25th annual Malibu Triathlon kicked off on Sunday, as people set off running, biking and swimming.
About 4,000 people took part in the event this year.
The goal was to raise $1 million for Children's Hospital Los Angeles and pediatric cancer research.
As part of the event, participants have to swim half a mile, followed by an 18-mile bike ride and a four-mile run.
malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 22 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- Holiday crackdown on jaywalking in downtown LA
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case 25 min ago
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot 47 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
49 min ago