Los Angeles News
Malibu Triathlon draws thousands of athletes
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- The 25th annual Malibu Triathlon kicked off on Sunday, as people set off running, biking and swimming.
About 4,000 people took part in the event this year.
The goal was to raise $1 million for Children's Hospital Los Angeles and pediatric cancer research.
As part of the event, participants have to swim half a mile, followed by an 18-mile bike ride and a four-mile run.
malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 28 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 44 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 24 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 39 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2