Los Angeles News
Malibu Triathlon draws thousands of athletes
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- The 25th annual Malibu Triathlon kicked off on Sunday, as people set off running, biking and swimming.
About 4,000 people took part in the event this year.
The goal was to raise $1 million for Children's Hospital Los Angeles and pediatric cancer research.
As part of the event, participants have to swim half a mile, followed by an 18-mile bike ride and a four-mile run.
malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 42 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 36 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 34 min ago
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty 48 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony 7 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)