Los Angeles News
South Gate man fatally shot, crashes into carport
SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed in a car-to-car shooting in South Gate Tuesday morning.
South Gate police responded to reports of shots fired in the 9700 block of San Gabriel Avenue around midnight.
The victim was shot once in the upper torso and ended up crashing his U-Haul truck into a carport at a residence. He was pronounced dead at a hospital around 3 a.m.
"We don't have any information that there were shots being fired from vehicle to vehicle," said Lt. Eddie Hernandez from Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "It's all preliminary right now. All we know is that there were three to four gun shots heard in the area. And when officers responded they saw the vehicle had collided."
Authorities believe an indeterminate amount of male Hispanics driving a white SUV pulled up and shot the victim in his car.
Police haven't released a motive or the identity of the victim. If you have any information, call the L.A. County Sheriff's Department at 323-890-5500.
shooting, homicide investigation, south gate, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 51 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 8 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- 'Returnaholics' punished by some retailers
39 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
32 min ago