Los Angeles News
Inglewood shooting suspect found dead after standoff
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect who barricaded himself following a shooting in Inglewood on Wednesday was found dead, authorities said.
Police responded to the shooting in the 200 block of N. Market Street just before 11 a.m. A gunshot victim was taken to a local hospital, where she died.
Officers surrounded the building where the suspect was believed to have barricaded himself. A SWAT team entered the business at about 1:30 p.m. and found a man in the bathroom with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was declared dead at the scene.
A motive for the shooting has not yet been determined, but police say the victim and the suspect knew each other. Their names have not been released.
Anyone with information was urged to call the Inglewood Police Department at (310) 412-5246, or the 24-hour anonymous hotline at (888) 41-CRIME.
shooting, homicide investigation, standoff, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 1 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)