Los Angeles News
Inglewood shooting suspect found dead after standoff
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect who barricaded himself following a shooting in Inglewood on Wednesday was found dead, authorities said.
Police responded to the shooting in the 200 block of N. Market Street just before 11 a.m. A gunshot victim was taken to a local hospital, where she died.
Officers surrounded the building where the suspect was believed to have barricaded himself. A SWAT team entered the business at about 1:30 p.m. and found a man in the bathroom with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was declared dead at the scene.
A motive for the shooting has not yet been determined, but police say the victim and the suspect knew each other. Their names have not been released.
Anyone with information was urged to call the Inglewood Police Department at (310) 412-5246, or the 24-hour anonymous hotline at (888) 41-CRIME.
shooting, homicide investigation, standoff, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 40 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour