Los Angeles News
Inglewood shooting suspect found dead after standoff
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect who barricaded himself following a shooting in Inglewood on Wednesday was found dead, authorities said.
Police responded to the shooting in the 200 block of N. Market Street just before 11 a.m. A gunshot victim was taken to a local hospital, where she died.
Officers surrounded the building where the suspect was believed to have barricaded himself. A SWAT team entered the business at about 1:30 p.m. and found a man in the bathroom with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was declared dead at the scene.
A motive for the shooting has not yet been determined, but police say the victim and the suspect knew each other. Their names have not been released.
Anyone with information was urged to call the Inglewood Police Department at (310) 412-5246, or the 24-hour anonymous hotline at (888) 41-CRIME.
shooting, homicide investigation, standoff, los angeles news
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA 6 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders 55 min ago
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013