Los Angeles News
Inglewood shooting suspect found dead after standoff
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect who barricaded himself following a shooting in Inglewood on Wednesday was found dead, authorities said.
Police responded to the shooting in the 200 block of N. Market Street just before 11 a.m. A gunshot victim was taken to a local hospital, where she died.
Officers surrounded the building where the suspect was believed to have barricaded himself. A SWAT team entered the business at about 1:30 p.m. and found a man in the bathroom with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was declared dead at the scene.
A motive for the shooting has not yet been determined, but police say the victim and the suspect knew each other. Their names have not been released.
Anyone with information was urged to call the Inglewood Police Department at (310) 412-5246, or the 24-hour anonymous hotline at (888) 41-CRIME.
shooting, homicide investigation, standoff, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book