Los Angeles News
Suspect barricaded in large Northridge home
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspect barricaded himself inside a home in the Northridge area of Los Angeles when officers arrived serving an arrest warrant on Thursday.'
Authorities were serving the warrant on a large house on the 17800 block of Raymer Street at 6:30 a.m., but a suspect refused to come out.
Police have a warrant for the arrest of the homeowner, Lloyd Holbrooke.
An LAPD SWAT unit was called to the scene.
Holbrooke has a violent history. He's wanted for making terrorist threats and for assault with a deadly weapon.
No shots have come from inside the house. About 24 tear-gas canisters have been fired by LAPD into the house.
SWAT teams had to clear an RV on the property.
Police sent out a reverse-911 call to the neighborhood advising people to stay inside or stay away from the scene.
"We have introduced the tear gas into the residence. We have had no activity thus far," said LAPD Captain Rigo Romero. "There is a section in the building that may be possible for someone to secrete themselves into, and we're looking at that as well, as well as the attic in the home. We're in the process of doing the clearing of the entire building at this point, so that hasn't been cleared as yet."
"I think what happens, he just gets too involved with drugs, probably up for too many days and then he gets quite the temper," said one neighbor. "He gets a little violent. With family members, mostly, or whoever lives in the house."
standoff, los angeles news, john north
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors 52 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan