Los Angeles News
NFL stadium plans for city of Industry to be revealed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Plans to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles are gaining steam, including a plan by real estate mogul Ed Roski to build a football stadium in the city of Industry.
Roski was scheduled to unveil the plan at the Lakeside Golf Club in Burbank on Wednesday. His presentation was set to include artistic renderings and possibly a small model of the proposed 75,000-seat stadium.
Roski's proposed plan has been in the works since 2009, when California lawmakers passed a bill allowing Roski's plan to be exempt from some environmental laws and to be protected from certain lawsuits.
Tuesday, Gov. Jerry Brown signed a similar bill for the other proposed stadium in downtown Los Angeles. AEG, the company backing the downtown stadium plan, hopes to have it up in time for the 2016 or 2017 season.
Brown said the bills he signed will speed up lengthy court battles without compromising environmental protections. He also said that in the end, the downtown stadium will create 23,000 new jobs.
"The fact is, there's too much red tape. We can protect the environment without the burdens that currently exist," said Brown. "These bills pave the way for many, many projects."
Iron worker Derrick Beckett said that's exactly what he and other unemployed individuals in Los Angeles need.
"Just want things to get going so we can live," said Beckett.
AEG said they are currently in talks with several NFL teams about moving to Los Angeles but wouldn't say which teams in specific.
nfl, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal 37 min ago
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 19 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)
- Pet of the Week: 6-yr-old terrier mix Tillie
6 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
46 min ago