Los Angeles News
Bell City Council to vote on interim police chief
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Bell City Council members are set to vote Wednesday on whether to appoint Steve Belcher as its interim police chief.
The vote is part of an ongoing effort to fill key positions following a salary scandal that led to criminal charges against eight former city officials.
Former Bell Police Chief Randy Adams was linked to that scandal. However, he was not criminally charged and the civil suit against him was dropped.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Belcher is requesting that a judge order the city to pay legal expenses he incurred during the lawsuit and corruption investigation.
los angeles news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 52 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 20 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour