Los Angeles News
Bell City Council to vote on interim police chief
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Bell City Council members are set to vote Wednesday on whether to appoint Steve Belcher as its interim police chief.
The vote is part of an ongoing effort to fill key positions following a salary scandal that led to criminal charges against eight former city officials.
Former Bell Police Chief Randy Adams was linked to that scandal. However, he was not criminally charged and the civil suit against him was dropped.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Belcher is requesting that a judge order the city to pay legal expenses he incurred during the lawsuit and corruption investigation.
los angeles news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 29 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 19 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video