Los Angeles News
Royal court announced for 123rd Rose Parade
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Seven young women are now looking at the world through rose-colored glasses. The Tournament of Roses announced its royal court on Monday.
Seven ladies were among 34 finalists chosen from nearly 1,000 applicants.
"They were selected from a pool of the most talented and poised in the Pasadena area," said Amy Wainscott, chair of the Queen and Court Committee. "They are outstanding role models and will be wonderful ambassadors for the Tournament of Roses."
The members of the Royal Court are:
- Morgan Eliza Devaud, 18, La Canada High School.
- Stephanie Grace Hynes, 18, Maranatha High School.
- Cynthia Megan Louie, 17, La Salle High School.
- Kimberly Victoria Ostiller, 17, Flintridge Preparatory School.
- Drew Helen Washington, 16, Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy.
- Hanan Bulto Worku, 17, Pasadena High School.
- Sarah Nicole Zuno, 17, Benjamin Franklin High School.
The Rose Queen will be selected from among the seven Royal Court princesses on Oct. 18.
The royal court will preside over the 123rd annual Rose Parade and the 98th Rose Bowl game. The theme for 2012: "Just Imagine."
City News Service contributed to this story.
los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 47 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)