Los Angeles News
Royal court announced for 123rd Rose Parade
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Seven young women are now looking at the world through rose-colored glasses. The Tournament of Roses announced its royal court on Monday.
Seven ladies were among 34 finalists chosen from nearly 1,000 applicants.
"They were selected from a pool of the most talented and poised in the Pasadena area," said Amy Wainscott, chair of the Queen and Court Committee. "They are outstanding role models and will be wonderful ambassadors for the Tournament of Roses."
The members of the Royal Court are:
- Morgan Eliza Devaud, 18, La Canada High School.
- Stephanie Grace Hynes, 18, Maranatha High School.
- Cynthia Megan Louie, 17, La Salle High School.
- Kimberly Victoria Ostiller, 17, Flintridge Preparatory School.
- Drew Helen Washington, 16, Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy.
- Hanan Bulto Worku, 17, Pasadena High School.
- Sarah Nicole Zuno, 17, Benjamin Franklin High School.
The Rose Queen will be selected from among the seven Royal Court princesses on Oct. 18.
The royal court will preside over the 123rd annual Rose Parade and the 98th Rose Bowl game. The theme for 2012: "Just Imagine."
City News Service contributed to this story.
los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 38 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Selena Gomez cancels tour dates in Australia