Los Angeles News
2 LA County firefighters injured battling South Gate house fire
SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Los Angeles County firefighters were injured while battling a house fire in South Gate on Friday.
Fire officials said the blaze was reported at about 5:30 a.m. on the 3000 block of Santa Ana Street.
Authorities said the fire appeared to have started in the attic of the two-story home, but it was still unknown what exactly ignited the blaze, which burned through the roof of the house.
Investigators said as far as they know, no one was in the house when the fire started.
Crews gained the upper hand and extinguished the fire after about two hours.
Two firefighters at the scene suffered minor back injuries, but they're expected to be OK.
The fire was under investigation. A damage estimate was not immediately available.
south gate, fire, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 59 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 26 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere