Los Angeles News
Former fire chief's son arrested for bribery
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There are serious charges for the son of a former Los Angeles fire chief.
Millage Peaks IV, 23, was arrested on Sunday for allegedly bribing a TSA worker to get about 15 pounds of marijuana through security at LAX and onto a flight to Boston.
The TSA worker, 28-year-old Dianna Perez of Inglewood, was also taken into custody.
According to Peaks, Perez helped him circumvent security nine other times.
Peaks and Perez will be arraigned next month. Peaks' father is former Los Angeles Fire Department Chief Millage Peaks, who retired in July.
los angeles international airport, marijuana, arrest, airport security, tsa, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)