Los Angeles News
Former fire chief's son arrested for bribery
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There are serious charges for the son of a former Los Angeles fire chief.
Millage Peaks IV, 23, was arrested on Sunday for allegedly bribing a TSA worker to get about 15 pounds of marijuana through security at LAX and onto a flight to Boston.
The TSA worker, 28-year-old Dianna Perez of Inglewood, was also taken into custody.
According to Peaks, Perez helped him circumvent security nine other times.
Peaks and Perez will be arraigned next month. Peaks' father is former Los Angeles Fire Department Chief Millage Peaks, who retired in July.
los angeles international airport, marijuana, arrest, airport security, tsa, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'