Los Angeles News
Occidental College students hospitalized for intoxication
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Eight Occidental College students who attended a rave-style campus party were rushed to a hospital Sunday morning for being dangerously intoxicated.
Jim Tranquada, a spokesperson for the Eagle Rock college, said no alcohol was allowed at the party, which Tranquada described as "a very orderly event."
"It's what we call a 'Type Zero.' No alcohol is served. No alcohol is allowed inside," said Tranquada.
School officials believe the students got intoxicated before coming to the party and say the event was well staffed.
"We have campus safety officers on scene. We have student life professional staff on scene," Tranquada said.
The dance, called "Splatter," is a paint-themed party that has taken place on campus for several years. Hundreds of students were in attendance at the event, which took place outside on the softball field.
School officials said they will review the incident.
"We routinely review major events after the fact. We'll certainly do that in this case as well," said
The school said the eight students could face disciplinary action, but they will need to go over every detail as to what exactly happened at the party.
eagle rock, school, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'