Los Angeles News
Loaded gun falls out of checked bag at LAX
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TSA agents found a loaded gun in a checked bag at LAX after it fell out of the bag while being loaded onto an airliner.
The weapon was reported by a baggage handler after it fell out on Sunday morning. Officials say they screened the bag, but only for explosives.
Airport police say the owner failed to properly declare and package the gun. It's legal to carry an unloaded firearm in checked luggage as long as the airline is notified.
The passenger was later allowed to fly without further incident, but the gun was turned in to police.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles international airport, tsa, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)