Los Angeles News
Loaded gun falls out of checked bag at LAX
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TSA agents found a loaded gun in a checked bag at LAX after it fell out of the bag while being loaded onto an airliner.
The weapon was reported by a baggage handler after it fell out on Sunday morning. Officials say they screened the bag, but only for explosives.
Airport police say the owner failed to properly declare and package the gun. It's legal to carry an unloaded firearm in checked luggage as long as the airline is notified.
The passenger was later allowed to fly without further incident, but the gun was turned in to police.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles international airport, tsa, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 46 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon 56 min ago
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 4 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 16 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...