Los Angeles News
Hiker finds human remains at Malibu Creek State Park
CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating after a hiker found human remains at Malibu Creek State Park in Calabasas on Sunday.
The skeletal remains were found in the Tapia Park area in the 800 block of Las Virgenes Road. The victim has not yet been identified.
Sheriff's homicide detectives and coroner's investigators spent much of Monday examining the remains and the surrounding area for clues.
So far, there's no indication of a cause of death, and it's unclear how long the body was there.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
body found, malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 59 min ago
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics 54 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Photos: 'Modern Family' home selling for $2.35M
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)