Los Angeles News
President Barack Obama wraps up LA visit, next stop SF
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- President Barack Obama wrapped up his two-day visit to Southern California with a stop in Burbank Tuesday morning, and got a taste of local traffic.
The president taped an interview with Jay Leno at NBC studios. On his way from the studio his motorcade was stuck on the 101 Freeway near Ventura Boulevard.
Despite the delay, people waited to catch a glimpse of the president.
"It's just amazing," said London resident Harvey Liech. "It's a once in a lifetime chance. It's just, it's great."
"It was awesome," said Burbank resident Tom Perez. "It was a piece of history. That man is going to be remembered for a very long time, and I saw a part of that this morning for a few seconds."
Obama arrived in Los Angeles Monday afternoon, where he attended two fundraisers in Hancock Park. The first event was at the home of producer James Lassiter, the second was the home of Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas.
The presidential visit impacted how everyone got around that area, and some people weren't happy about it.
"Isn't it amazing that he can rail against the rich, and then ask for $35,000 for people to come have dinner with him?" said Hancock Park resident Ron Greeno. "That's the height of hypocrisy."
"He's got to raise his funds somehow so I think it's okay," said Hancock Park resident Nancy Reinisch.
Before heading to the fundraisers, the president decided to pick up an order to-go at Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles in Mid-City.
The president left LAX at 11:45 a.m. to San Francisco for more fundraising. While in Los Angeles, he was able to raise over $4 million for his re-election campaign and the Democratic National Committee.
president barack obama, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months