Los Angeles News
Marijuana-growing operation discovered at NoHo fire
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Crews responding to a structure fire in North Hollywood were in for a surprise.
The fire broke out early Saturday morning on the 7400 block of Bellaire Avenue.
Crews arrived to find smoke coming from a building.
Officials said when firefighters went inside, they discovered a marijuana growing operation.
The flames didn't damage the building, but several marijuana plants were burned.
The blaze appeared to have been sparked by a light fixture.
north hollywood, marijuana growing, fire, los angeles news
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing 41 min ago
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors