Los Angeles News
Robert Rizzo sues Bell over unpaid salary
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Former Bell city manager Robert Rizzo is suing the city for failing to pay his $1.5 million salary.
Rizzo claims his contract was breached when the city of Bell stopped paying him last year.
Rizzo said he's owed benefits and wages, with interest, because he hasn't been convicted of a felony and hasn't resigned from his position.
Rizzo currently faces several charges for allegedly orchestrating a scheme to loot more than $6 million from Bell's city treasury.
He has pleaded not guilty.
legal, fraud, los angeles news
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 42 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 40 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K 23 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer