Los Angeles News
Robert Rizzo sues Bell over unpaid salary
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Former Bell city manager Robert Rizzo is suing the city for failing to pay his $1.5 million salary.
Rizzo claims his contract was breached when the city of Bell stopped paying him last year.
Rizzo said he's owed benefits and wages, with interest, because he hasn't been convicted of a felony and hasn't resigned from his position.
Rizzo currently faces several charges for allegedly orchestrating a scheme to loot more than $6 million from Bell's city treasury.
He has pleaded not guilty.
legal, fraud, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 19 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 12 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts 23 min ago