Los Angeles News
LA Coliseum Commission suing 2 ex-managers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Commission sued two of its former top managers, accusing them of fraud.
The suit alleges that former Coliseum General Manager Pat Lynch and former Events Manager Todd DeStefano defrauded the venue of more than $1 million in taxpayer money. However, commission attorney Charles Slyngstad said that amount is just "the floor."
"There's much more than that at stake," Slyngstad said.
The suit also names concert promoters Insomniac Inc and Go Ventures, alleging they conspired with Lynch and DeStefano to divert money from rave concerts that should have gone to the Coliseum.
Insomniac attorney Gary Kaufman said in a statement that he and the company have not been served with a copy of the lawsuit, but its business with the commission was always legitimate.
Questions have been raised about the Coliseum's fiscal oversight since the Los Angeles Times reported in a series of stories this year that DeStefano cut deals with companies doing business at the venue and collected at least $1.8 million dollars from them, and that Lynch transferred to himself ownership of a Cadillac that the commission had bought.
The lawsuit said a contractor gave Lynch nearly $400,000 that would have gone to the Coliseum.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fraud, legal, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 13 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer 10 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)